Monday, August 08, 2005

Arlington Needs a Good Pizza Place

I live in the suburbs northwest of Boston, and am always frustrated by the lack of good pizza places in Arlington, which is otherwise a terrific town for restaurants. I am not all that impressed by ZA in East Arlington (it's good, but not great), and other than that, the rest of the pizza joints in Arlington are just that--pizza joints. And none of them really stand out, though I do go to the Villa Pizza in Arlington Heights and Sabation's in East Arlington every now and then.

For good pizza, I tend to go next door to Medford, which has Bocelli's in South Medford and Giuseppi's in West Medford, both of which are outstanding. I also go to Cambridge, which has Emma's, a top gourmet pizza place in Kendall Square. But that's about it for the area. If anyone knows of any other great pizza places northwest of Boston, please let me know!

-MH