Friday, August 25, 2006

Good Restaurants for Fall Foliage Touring in Northern New England

It's about time once again for (gulp) the cooler weather and the leaves turning, especially in Northern New England (some areas already have some red maples turning). I hope to do a couple of trips up north over the next month or two.

I have some favorite restaurants up north, such as the Foxfire Inn in Stowe, VT, the Red Parka in Glen, NH, and Eaton's Sugar House in, well, some part of Vermont! (near Randolph, I think). Does anyone out there have any other favorites? I'd love to find a place or two that is like the Foxfire; that is, old, New England-y, rustic, and so on.

I can't wait to get up there in September. Stowe, Jackson, NH, Rangeley, Maine, and so many other spots are beckoning me right now!