Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Couple of Pizza Places I Want to Try

I have been reading a little about Monte's in Lynn and Picco in the South End of Boston. And while they supposedly are very different places for pizza, they are both supposed to be outstanding.

Monte's is a little dive bar near the Lynn/Swampscott border that has been there for a long time. From what I hear, they make one heckuva thin-crust pizza, perhaps like Bianchi's Pizza at Revere Beach or Regina's in the North End.

Picco is a slightly upscale place for pizza and ice cream that is located in the heart of the South End. I have heard mostly good things about their pizza, though a few people have said it is nothing special.

If anyone knows of any other pizza places to try in the Boston area, I'd love to hear about them!