Friday, September 15, 2006

Delis in New York City

I'm making yet another trip to New York next month (and I can't wait!) and will be looking for delis this time around, as I never really seem to get to good delis when Im in Manhattan. I'm hoping to hit either Barney Greengrass in the Upper West Side, the Carnegie Deli in Midtown, or perhaps the Stage Deli, which may be the best of them all.

Diamond Dairy of New York, ManhattanIf I can't find a new deli or Jewish restaurant, I may end up going back to the Diamond Dairy of New York Restaurant on 47th Street. It is actually in the back of a jewelry store (upstairs, looking out over the store). The Kosher food there is outstanding, and while it isn't technically a delicatessen, much of the food on the menu is what you would find in a deli.

I would love to find some hidden deli, though (one that is good, that is!). If anyone knows of any, post a comment here. Perhaps I'll check it out when I'm in New York in a few weeks.