Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pepe's Pizza, New Haven: Best Pizza in New England?

Pepe's Pizza, New HavenI'm starting to think that Pepe's Pizza may indeed be the best pizza place in New England, though I'm not quite ready to move Santarpio's and Pizzeria Regina down to #2 and #3 just yet. I've only been to Pepe's once, so I think I need to go back there one or two more times to convince myself that the pizza I had there recently was as good as I thought it was.

I hope to get to New York City later in October. Maybe I can make a quick stop at Pepe's on the way down (and maybe on the way back, too!). Of course, there are other pizza places in New Haven that are supposed to rival Pepe's, including Sally's and Modern Apizza, the latter of which I just read a mouthwatering article on at Pizza Notes from pizzatherapy.com: Modern Apizza: Perfection in New Haven. I also did some more reading on the subject of New Haven pizza at randominnyc: Pizza Quest: New Haven.

Perhaps I will go to all three and sample slices from each, taking the rest home. Hmmm, now I REALLY can't wait for my trip to New York!

Tags: