Friday, September 29, 2006

Wanted: The Best Burger Joint in Connecticut

I will be heading to Manhattan in a couple of weeks, in part to check out various restaurants around the city (as well as to visit family!). I usually take the bus to NYC, but this time, I will be driving to Irvington or Katonah, then hop a train to Grand Central. Since I'm driving, I have the option to check out at least one restaurant in Connecticut, either on the way down or on the way back. I had been thinking of getting pizza at Pepe's or Sally's in New Haven, but now I'm reconsidering.

Basically, what I would love to find is the best burger joint in the state. I'm just not sure which place I should try, though. Should I go to Blackie's in Cheshire? Or Doogie's in Newington? Or Louis Lunch in New Haven? Or somewhere else? I'd love to hear from people who know their burgers. Send me some comments about great burger joints in Connecticut if you have a chance. Thanks!

Tags: