Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pizzeria Regina in the North End: Still Great, But...

photo of Regina's in Boston, MAA large group of us went to Pizzeria Regina in the North End of Boston the other night. Their pizza is truly amazing, with one of the best crusts I have ever had (made even better by requesting it to be "well done" so that it is slightly blackened on the bottom).

As much as I like the gourmet pizzas there, I tend to stick with the classics, such as the pepperoni or mushroom pizza, though the gourmet toppings are pretty popular at Regina's (the people who were with me went for those instead of the basics).

So why is there a "but" here? Well, after going to Pepe's in New Haven, CT, and Grimaldi's in Brooklyn, NY, I'm not so sure that Regina's and Santarpio's (in East Boston) are my two favorite pizzas anymore. The more I think about Pepe's, the more I realize that it may be at the top of my list. Things change quickly, however, so ask me again in a few months! But I guess the bottom line is, you really can't go wrong with any of these incredible pizza places.

By the way, if you would like to get involved in a discussion on the best pizza place in Boston, go to the Santarpio's vs. Pizzeria Regina Debate in the Boston Restaurant Forum.

Pizzeria Regina on Urbanspoon


Tags: