Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Macaroni Grill, Burlington

I went to a large Christmas/holiday dinner at the Macaroni Grill in Burlington last night. I went with a bit of trepidation, since I am not a big fan of chains, and I had heard mixed reviews of the place. But it turned out to be a good night, with mostly satisfying dishes and decent wine.

My favorite item was the wild mushroom ravioli appetizer, but the Caesar salad was good, as was the chicken cannelloni. The calamari was ok, but a bit bland, and the rosemary bread was tasty. The tiramisu was fantastic--not sure how I was able to finish it, but I did. And the Pinot Noir was surprisingly good, and not too expensive at about $7 for a glass.

Most of the 20 people who went enjoyed the Macaroni Grill, too. I wouldn't choose it over any of the restaurants in the North End, East Boston, or Medford, but it was good enough, and a great place for a large group.

Tags: