Monday, November 22, 2010

Pie Bakery and Cafe in Newton Closing; B Street Restaurant and Bar Opening in Its Place

A bakery and cafe in Newton Centre is closing its doors, but the owners of the eatery will be opening a new restaurant in its place.

An email sent to us from Pie Bakery and Cafe on Beacon Street has confirmed that the dining spot will be closing on Thanksgiving, and that B Street Restaurant & Bar will replace it. The email mentions that the new restaurant should be opening in January.

[February 28, 2011 update: According to a a poster on the Chowhound site, B Street Restaurant & Bar is now open for business.]

Pie Bakery and Cafe, which first opened in 2007, has been known for its pies and other baked goods, as well as a number of comfort food items such as spaghetti pie, turkey meatloaf, chicken pot pie, and macaroni and cheese. The restaurant has also been involved with catering for businesses.

The address for the new B Street Restaurant & Bar) is 796 Beacon Street, Newton Centre, MA, 02459.

Tweet This!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

So I had a very long night out and was in dire need of caffeine. As my wife and I roll out of bed we decide to get a coffee and muffin at PIE just around the corner from our house. Not always very consistent, but a decent place to grab some joe. When I arrive at PIE I see this sign on the door saying that they're closed and will reopen as...

B STREET
RESTAURANT.BAR LUNCH.BRUNCH.DINNER.LATE NIGHT

As I looked closer I began to grow quite amused... The long night out that I had previously spoken of was at

UNION STREET
RESTAURANT.BAR.PATIO

which is located directly behind B STREET... As I look closer, I notice that the color scheme and style of the restaurant name are almost identical to that of B STREET, uhhhh... I mean U STREET, uhhhh, I mean UNION STREET... whatever

So what do you suppose happened to originality in this great state of Newton...? Oh well, guess we'll find out when they open

11:40 AM  
Blogger Sanandia said...

Is Union Street opening up another restaurant called B Street? That would be great! Although I'm confused, I know that Pie and Bakery sell awesome Bakery, which is now B Street. Since the sign says restaurant, Bar, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, and Late Night services and as a regular customer for both stores my conclusion is there must be a Partnership in place. Go Union Street!!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

the people behind Pie Bakery will be replacing it with B Street Restaurant and Bar. I don't think Union Street is involved with it.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Ely said...

Union and B Sreet have no connection in any way. The interior of the new B Street spot looks nothing at all like Union. As an owner of B Street, I can assure you that my information is accurate. Both spots are very different and will compliment each other. Join us soon!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home