Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nicholas Restaurant in Natick to Become Morse Tavern

The people behind a Greek restaurant in Natick are making plans to change the name of the dining spot, along with the overall theme and the menu.

According to the MetroWest Daily News, Nicholas Restaurant on Route 135 is going to become Morse Tavern, with the new eatery being a neighborhood spot that focuses on American fare (including sandwiches). The article states that some minor renovations will be done to the building, though the restaurant will remain open during that time (it is not known when exactly the changeover from Nicholas Restaurant to Morse Tavern will take place--please check back for updates).

[April 23 update: According to the Natick blog for Wicked Local, Nicholas Restaurant is now officially Morse Tavern.]

Nicholas Restaurant, which been in business for a number of years (and in its current form since 2003), has been featured on our sister site, Boston's Hidden Restaurants. The review for Nicholas can be found below:

http://www.hiddenboston.com/NicholasRestaurant.html

The address for the new Morse Tavern is: Morse Tavern, 85 East Central Street (Route 135), Natick, MA, 01760.

For more information on the changing of Nicholas Restaurant to Morse Tavern, please go to the MetroWest Daily News link below.

Nicholas Restaurant looks to new name, old Natick

Tweet This!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

It was our 20th anniversary and I wanted to make this day special for us by taking my wife for a dinner at this well known restaurant uptown. Unfortunately due to some miscommunication, our table was occupied by someone else. I was out of ideas as to where to take my wife for dinner at this last minute. I called Justdial for help, who helped me connect to a restaurant of my choice of food. This was simply amazing as my wife loves Chinese food and a chinese restaurant was not at all my mind. It wasnt until Justdial asked me for Restaurant specifics. Thanks to Justdial, we ended up having one of the most precious times together.

5:12 AM  
Blogger The Bumbles said...

Thanks for the heads up - I live in Natick and still have not been to Nicholas' - hopefully I'll get over to the new version once the transformation is complete!

Have you been to Maxwells 148 up the street? That place is yummy.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

This place is horrible which is sad because being a resident of Natick I was looking forward to a pub opening in down town. I never had the desire to walk into this place when it was called Nicholas. Since I heard the menu decor and name had changed I figured I would check it out. I honestly don't know how they call it a tavern. It looks the place was redone over night and the bar stools are extremely uncomfortable for a tall person and no support for your back. The back round noise is very loud like a cafeteria. If you like watching a sports game on a faded television screen from the early 90's than this is your place to be. Don't count on hearing the sports announcers on the television either because the volume was not on. Waitress was horrible, tacky and unfriendly. My father ordered a sam adams and they poured him a miller light. After my father kindly told them he got the wrong beer, they insisted to him that it was a sam adams until he put his foot down to have another glass poured for him. The wine glasses are very tiny and strange to drink out of. The clam chowder I ordered was full of bacon and not a single clam could be found in it. Our dinner took for ever and our waitress went missing for a long time. We ended up leaving before our dinner arrived because everything about this place was just awful and unpleasant. It took me five years to walk into this place and it will take me another five years to maybe try it again. That is if they are still in business.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

I like it! The food is good and pretty reasonably priced. There are a wide variety of choices on the menu, and the beer menu has improved tenfold! The bartenders need to be more attentive to the customers which, I hope, will change as they get used to their jobs. Other than the bartenders looking a little lost I like the place! Good luck!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

What a great neighborhood pub it reminds me of the Irish and English pubs.
I went with friend we were treated so well and the wait staff was terrific.
The decor really lent itself to give you a flavor of a tavern pub. The cheeseburgers were great the onion rings were to die for. The ambiance, the waitstaff and the food was wonderful. Great place to stop after work for a beer and burger.
Natalie Shaw

11:04 PM  
Blogger SweetPea said...

I have to agree with Rachel. The place is horrible. I went in the other night for a cheeseburger and a couple of beers. No host or hostess, the food took forever, when I got it it was cold.I had to find my own silverware, was never asked how was my meal, was given the wrong check three times,I noticed when the staff got finished with their shift they sat at the bar for free drinks, I was passed my bill when I wasn't even finished, and maybe wanted a cup of coffee. I said that I wasn't finished, but the bartender said "Sorry they are other people waiting for a seat at the bar"! DON'T LET THE STAFF TAKE THE CUSTOMERS SEATS THEN!! Poor customer service!!

9:35 AM  
Blogger fallenangell said...

When the staff is done with their shift, they become customers.
I will miss Nicolas Restaurant- they had the most authentic Greek food :(

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home