Monday, September 25, 2006

Restaurants I Wish I could Go To Today

Photo of Pipes Cafe, Cardiff, CAIt's another Monday, and the summer is quickly slipping away in New England. And while I do like the cold weather (and the foliage, football, and other stuff that comes with it), the end of the summer always means that I won't be going on quite as many road trips for awhile.

There are some restaurants in various parts of the country that I went to this spring and summer that I really wish I could be back at today. I'd say that my top 5 would be:

Al's Hot Dog Stand, Naugatuck, CT
Pepe's Pizza, New Haven, CT
Pipes Cafe, Cardiff, CA
The Brickskeller, Washington, DC
Diamond Dairy of New York, Manhattan

I might get my wish for #2 and 5 in a few weeks, as I am heading to Manhattan and may stop in New Haven on the way back, but that remains to be seen. In the meantime, I'll be dreaming of these 5 special restaurants as I go through the day today...