Thursday, December 21, 2006

Restaurants for New Year's Eve in Boston

photo of Ristorante Romanza, Providence, RIIt is only a few days until Christmas, with New Year's Eve not being too far behind, so it is definitely time to start making plans for New Year's Eve. I have dined at Ristorante Romanza in Providence (see photo) over the past two New Year's Eves, but this year I think we are doing something different (perhaps a restaurant closer to Boston). Needless to say, I need to make reservations by today or tomorrow, or it will be Chinese food and the Three Stooges for me!

New Year's Day is also a fun time to go out to eat. Last year, we went to Doyle's Cafe in Jamaica Plain for brunch. This year? Not sure at this point, but if the weather is nice, I definitely want to go out for brunch someplace around Boston that is also close to an area where I can take a long walk before the college football games start on TV. Perhaps Doyle's and the nearby Arnold Arboretum will work out. We shall see...

Speaking of Jamaica Plain, for those of you who read my previous entry on the Christmas lights at Dominic Luberto's house on the Arborway in Jamaica Plain, I believe the lights will remain on Mr. Luberto's house until the end of January, so there is still plenty of time to view this amazing scene of what is basically a castle lit up with thousands of bulbs.

Tags: