Thursday, August 30, 2012

Two-Alarm Fire at GaGa Seafood Restaurant in Chinatown; 24 People Left Homeless

A fire that started at a seafood restaurant in the Chinatown section of Boston has left a number of people homeless.

The Boston Globe reports that GaGa Seafood Restaurant at 25 Tyler Street was the site of a two-alarm fire this morning that spread upward into the four-story building in which it resides. The article mentions that the blaze, which was apparently caused by an stove that was left on overnight, caused approximately $300,000 in damage, with one injury being reported--a firefighter who received an eye injury (it looks like he is being released from Mass. Eye and Ear today). As a result of the fire, at least 24 people are now homeless because of water and smoke damage to their apartments, and seven businesses have been affected as well. It was not reported how heavily damaged GaGa Seafood Restaurant was.

[September 6 update: Eater Boston is reporting that GaGa Seafood Restaurant is planning to reopen, though it could be awhile because their exhaust system and kitchen need to be done over completely.]

GaGa Seafood Restaurant first opened in the summer of 2011.



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home