Thursday, December 08, 2005

Heading to New York City

Welp, it's time to take a break from writing about local restaurants in my Boston restaurant guide and head down to the Big Apple for a bit. I'm looking forward to finding some new restaurants in Manhattan; hopefully a good pizza place, maybe a decent Italian restaurant, perhaps a nice Vietnamese or Thai place.

New York has such a huge number of restaurants that it's a bit overwhelming at times. That's why I usually put the guide books away and end up finding restaurants by accident, which is more fun anyway. Who knows--maybe I'll find some hidden gems that I can include on my New York restaurants page. I haven't found a great Thai place yet, so perhaps I'll aim for that on this trip.

If anyone has suggestions for hidden gems in Manhattan, let me know. Thai, Mexican, Italian, it doesn't matter; I'd love to hear about any kind of cuisine, as long as the food is good.

-MH