Thursday, October 19, 2006

Doing the Right Thing at Finian's, Quincy

photo of Finian's, Quincy, MAWe went to Finian's in Quincy last night for dinner. I've been to Finian's several times, enjoying their comfort food and mixed drinks (Finian's is a bit like what Amrhein's in South Boston used to be before they changed last year). This time, however, my macaroni and cheese entree (a special for yesterday) was overcooked, mushy, and not very satisfying.

While we were getting ready to pay the bill, a person who must have been the owner came over and asked how our meal was. We told him about the mac and cheese, and without hesitation, he graciously said he would take it off the bill.

Even if they hadn't done that, I would still continue to go back to Finian's, since last night was an aberration, in my opinion. But the swift action he took cemented that fact, and should be a lesson to all restaurants: If a diner has a bad meal, do whatever it takes to make that person happy. In my previous experiences, this has not always been the case, but it should be, I believe.

Finians Restaurant & Pub on Urbanspoon


Tags: