Thursday, April 12, 2007

Three Good Restaurants in Two Nights

It has been a good week, restaurant-wise, as I hit three of my favorite dining spots in basically a 30-hour period of time.

Started out having dinner at Ricardo's in the North End. Ricardo's is definitely a local favorite, as it is a bit off the beaten path (on North Street). Started out with two incredible appetizers--lobster ravioli and eggplant rollatini--then I had the veal bracciolatini, which was very nice, though it had a bit too much cheese and not enough prosciutto. I had been to Ricardo's a few nights earlier, and got a fantastic meat lasagna there. If you don't know about Ricardo's, you might want to give it a try, because it is really good, and not typically crowded.

After Ricardo's, I went to the Waterfront Cafe on nearby Commercial Street. Granted, I didn't actually EAT at the Waterfront, but the drinks were good, the vibe was excellent, and the bad 70s music made the night even better. The Waterfront Cafe has outstanding pizza, by the way; hopefully next time I go, I won't be coming from another restaurant with a full belly.

Then last night, we went to Grumpy White's in Quincy. I tried what might be their most famous dish--the boneless fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. It is tough to describe exactly how good this dish was, though I suppose it's easy to describe how utterly unhealthy it is, but every now and then, it's worth pampering the stomach a bit. Grumpy White's definitely knows how to fry chicken, and while some people might not be into boneless chicken (and all white meat at that), I thought it was a simply tremendous dish.

So now it's back to eating healthy again.....well, maybe not, since I think a certain burger joint might be calling my name tonight. I guess this will be one of those weeks where it's not even worth going to the gym. Guess I'll do that next week.


Tag: